Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Journey Begins...

Hello again, it is now my third night here at the base and I am now safely tucked away and enjoying tea and warm sweaters.  Jet lag has not been so terrible for me, I don't know if it's because I arrived at the base in the evening or because God is having mercy on me.  I think it's a little of both:)  I've met all of my lovely trainee-mates and staff at the base, and I'm so excited to get to know them better.  In my room there is Eva (pronounced Ava), Kelly, Lisanne, and myself, and we are all working together to stay as warm as possible.  In the boys' room there is Juel (from South Korea) and Ben (assistant dts leader).  Total there are four members of the male species in the house (David and Ben dts leaders, Juel, and little Josh, the two-year-old accompanying his mom and sister for a couple of weeks here).  Yesterday we went to see Carlisle castle, and today we visited the cathedral.  Both sites are over a thousand years old, and my jaw was left hanging for about half of the time we were sightseeing.  Soon it's off to bed for me, and tomorrow we have our first lecture at the community church.  Goodnight and blessings!

<3 Aubrey

2 comments:

  1. It is a fairly small group. Thought it would be bigger. Huh, well, I am praying for ya. :)

    In Christ,
    Joshua :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear how you are doing, and reading the updates!! Blessings and love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete